When you’re looking to start your commutes with reliable and agile performance, sedans like the Sonata or K5 are favored models you’ll see around Dallas. Both models are filled with features that bring convenience to your drives while also highlighting enough space for passengers and cargo.
However, in this sedan comparison, you’ll notice the Hyundai Sonata comes out on top with safety features and other amenities than the Kia K5. Compare the 2022 Hyundai Sonata vs. Kia K5 with Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Mesquite to find the right model for your trips around town.
Sonata vs. K5: Interior Amenities
From busy workdays around Duncanville to long rides out of town, you want to make sure you stay comfortable and connected to your family and the road around you. If you’re deciding between the Hyundai Sonata or Kia K5, they both offer wireless charging capabilities, Android and Apple smartphone connectivity, and a range of other standard options. However, you’ll find the Sonata brings more to your trips with these features not available in the entry-level K5:
- 8-way power driver seat with power lumbar
- Available panoramic sunroof
- Available Bose premium audio with 12 speakers
- Rear View Monitor with parking guidance
Sonata vs. K5: Safety Technology
Both models put care into bringing you peace of mind to your daily driving experience. Considering sedans like the Hyundai Sonata or Kia K5 can support your trips around Plano with a suite of advanced safety features that act as a second pair of eyes during traffic and at night. When making tight turns and getting a little too close to other drivers, both models in this sedan comparison protect you with features like:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection (FCA-Ped)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with Stop & Go
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
Sonata vs. K5: Interior Dimensions
Comparing the Hyundai Sonata vs. Kia K5 will show a lot of similarities in size. There’s no denying that both models offer versatile and comfortable interiors with capabilities like premium cloth surfaces, adjustable driver’s and passenger’s seats, and flexible 60/40 split fold-down rear seats. Let’s take a look at the Sonata vs. K5 passenger and cargo dimensions:
Hyundai Sonata Interior Dimensions
- Head Room (front/rear): 40.0/38.4 inches
- Leg Room (front/rear): 46.1/34.8 inches
- Shoulder Room (front/rear): 57.9/56.1 inches
- Hip Room (front/rear): 54.6/54.4
- Cargo Space: 16.0 cubic feet
Kia K5 Interior Dimensions
- Head Room (front/rear): 40.2/37.8 inches
- Leg Room (front/rear): 46.1/35.2 inches
- Shoulder Room (front/rear): 58.0/56.1 inches
- Hip Room (front/rear): 56.6/56.6 inches
- Cargo Space: 16.0 cubic feet
Accessorize the Sonata interior with tools that help you manage your cargo or protect your floors, trunk, or upholstery.
Test Drive Hyundai Models with Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Mesquite!
Which model in this sedan comparison fits your drives around Dallas: the Hyundai Sonata or Kia K5? Experience the smooth, fuel-efficient performance of the 2022 Hyundai Sonata at Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Mesquite and contact us to schedule a test drive today! If you’re interested in how other Hyundai vs. Kia models compare, take a look at the all-electric IONIQ 5 vs. EV6.